Crab Cakes make for an awesome high protein appetizer (or main!). And this recipe is extra special as the protein bar acts as both a panko topper + breadcrumb mixer to boost the protein in every bite! You get that same crispiness but with more protein, fiber, and iron and fewer carbs.
Enjoy this end of summer snack!
Ingredients (Serves: 2-3 main, 5-6 side)
- 1 - Crumbled Super Team Everything Bagel Protein Bar
- 16 oz - Crab Meat
- 2 - Eggs
- 1 - Green Onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 T - Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 T - Mayonnaise
- 1 t - Hot sauce
- ¼ t - Salt
- 3 T - Butter
- Tartar Sauce
- Combine Eggs, Mayo, Hot Sauce, Salt, Green Onion, and Parsley in a bowl and mix
- Gently mix Crab Meat and ½ C Protein Bar
- Shape 10-14 Crab Cakes
- Cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes
- Pre-heat 3 T of Butter in large pan over medium heat
- Dip Crab Cakes in remaining Protein Bar crumbs
- Once the pan is hot, add Crab Cakes and cook until golden brown (3-5 min per side)
- Serve with Tartar Sauce
- Enjoy your snack w/ benefits!
Credit: Zander L.