Introducing our Turmeric Tofu Scramble on Braised Kale, a delightful and wholesome vegan dish bursting with flavor. The crumbled firm tofu is sautéed to perfection with aromatic onions, garlic, and a harmonious blend of turmeric and black pepper. Served on a bed of tender braised kale, each bite offers a bounty of taste and textures. We sprinkle our Spicy Herb protein bar to lend a satisfying crunch and extra kick to the dish. And the final touch, crisp sprouts add a refreshing note and nutritional boost. This vibrant creation promises a savory and hearty meal, perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a nourishing dinner option.
This killer scramble came from one of our fans.
Ingredients (Serves: 3-4)
- 1 Bar - Spicy Herb Protein Bar
- 16 oz - Firm Tofu
- 6 C - Kale
- ½ C - Sprouts
- ¼ t - Turmeric Powder
- ¼ t - Black pepper
- ½ t - Onion Powder
- ½ t - Garlic Powder
- ½ t - Salt
- 1 C - Vegetable Stock
- 5 T - Olive Oil
- Wrap Tofu in paper towels and place on cutting board with a heavy pan on top to drain (prep Kale while waiting)
- Crumble Tofu into bite size chunks in mixing bowl
- Lightly coat Tofu in 1 T Olive Oil
- Toss Tofu with Turmeric, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt
- Heat remaining Oil in large pan over medium-high heat
- Once hot, add Tofu to the pan and fry until lightly browned, (5-10 minutes)
- Heat 2 T of Oil over medium-high heat in large pot
- Rinse Kale and add to pot with Oil until wilted (1-2 minutes)
- Add Vegetable Stock, cover pot, and reduce heat to medium-low
- Cook until Kale is tender (20-30 minutes), occasionally stir
Tofu + Kale Scramble
- Add 1-2 cups of Kale as a base
- Add Tofu
- Break apart Super Team Protein Bar into bite sized pieces
- Top Tofu with Protein Bar and Sprouts
- Enjoy your snack w/ benefits!
Credit: Victoria D.